Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanks for all the recipes!

Thank you for all the recipes and stories!

I'm preparing some of them for publication.

I can't wait to try them all! Keep them coming.

The more I browse through the book the more I love it! I can't wait to give it to one of you.

For those of you who are just joining us, you can participate in an on line contest. Send me a recipe and a paragraph about why it means so much to you or your family and you might win a cookbook by Faith Ford, "Cooking with Faith".




Good luck all you wonderful cooks.

Someone suggested that we should make a cookbook of all these wonderful recipes. Hum....maybe so.

Remember the picture of Mom and Dad fussing over the Lemon Cake? Well....last night I waited until everyone went to bed and I grabbed the last piece. I savored every bite remembering all the snitches each family member had swiped over the years. I smiled as I remembered coming down the steps one night and catching one of the kids chomping on a huge piece of the cake.

I remembered how many times I've watched Mom stirring and working on the cake. We might work on the decorations or play a game or watch a movie, but when that warm lemon smell filled the entire house and we heard those wonderful words, "Okay, it's done. All it needs is a little time in the fridge..." - the plans to snitch could be seen in every one's eyes.

Here's the cause of all those wonderful memories....

Maggie's Lemon Cake

1 Box Duncan Hines Butter Cake Mix
1 pkg. Lemon Jello
4 eggs lightly beaten
1/2 cup Wesson Oil
1 cup hot water
2 tsp. lemon extract

Mix all ingredients together and beat with electric mixer 3-4 minutes until smooth and thick.
Stir in 1 cup chopped pecans.

Bake in Bunt pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour
Cool cake

Glaze
Take 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar and mix with 1 tsp. Lemon extract
Add water by 1 tbls. at a time until you get the right consistency to drizzle over cake.....(Unless you are papaw and then you will double the glaze.)
Decorate with whole pecans.

Ummm.....ENJOY! I have !

God loves you,

Debbie

No comments: