Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Let's come together

Do you like contemporary music? Most of the time I don't. I'm a Gaither Music fan. I love the old songs and beautiful orchestration. It's been hard for me to learn to like the new stuff. Even with my son participating in Christian Contemporary Music, I still find it hard.

I don't make fun of contemporary music. That's just not fair. But I do know a lot of families that are split on the issue and it causes great stress within the home. I'm also working on an article that discusses both sides of the issue. Many churches are splitting over music issues and that's just wrong. My heart breaks for everyone that is being hurt.

David Phelps is my favorite artist. He sang with the Gaithers for years. Several years ago he went out on his own. He's contemporary - but I like him. He presents a great mix of both the classical side and the contemporary.

I just purchased his Christmas CD - One Wintry Night. I love it!

If you want a Christmas CD that will appeal not only to your classical side but to your children as well, I encourage you to get this CD. Berean Christian Bookstores has it on sale. If you want to support this site, you can get it from Amazon.

I think you will love the contemporary version of the Hallelujah Chorus. It's called Hallelujah!

Be prepared to dance around and be glad that it's Christmas.

God loves you,

Debbie

No comments: