Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Rainbow Jello

Turkey Day is coming yawl. I hope you are getting ready for a party at my house!

I was thinking that some of you mom's might have picky little eaters. I called my friend Marie and asked for her recipe for "Rainbow Jello". About two years ago I had to have TMJ surgery. For some time I couldn't eat solid food. She made this jello for me and I loved it! It taste like you took a roll of lifesavers and put the entire thing in your mouth at once.




Marie’s Rainbow Jello

8 3oz. Packages of jello

1 carton of cool whip

½ pint of sour cream

Mix cool whip and sour cream together (beat with beater) set aside.

Mix one package of jello with one cup boiling water. Stir. Reserve ¾ cup jello.

To the remaining ¼ cup jello, add about 3 heaping tablespoons of the cream mixture.

Pour cream and jello mixture into 9x13 glass pan, chill until firm - 45 minutes to one hour.

After it is firm, pour the reserved over the chilled layer. Chill until firm.

Repeat process until you have used all the jello and cream.

Any combination of colors will present the rainbow look. On certain holidays I may only use two or three colors. For example, on the Fourth of July I only used Red, White and Blue.

Children of all ages love this recipe, especially when topped with Cool Whip! Yum.

Thanks Marie!



Only one more day until Thanksgiving. Are you thinking about a recipe and story to send in? The deadline is December 20th. I can't wait to hear your special story and taste your recipes.

I know it's time for the holidays when my parents arrive. They will stay with me until after Christmas.

Hello, Memaw and Papaw! I'm so glad to see you! Come on in!

All the way from Georgia. Thanks for coming!

God loves you,

Debbie

No comments: