Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Mt. Hermon Conference

March 27th I boarded a plane and headed for Santa Cruz, California. I was both anxious and excited. I was finally going to begin my new career. For most of my life I've used a pen to express my emotions and beliefs. But now, there would be purpose. Now I would allow my voice to be heard by others. Now I would discover the proper way to manipulate words so they could touch the hearts of others.

At least, that's what I hoped. After a few smiling faces greated me, my schedule went into overdrive. It was exhilarating! I was nervous, but the old college energy rushed to the surface and I had a ball.

Cindy Woodsmall and I quickly developed a friendship. You must read her new book, When the Heart Cries - it's wonderful! And best of all....she's a Georgia peach as well. www.cindywoodsmall.com

I attended two classes with Barbara Curtis and was fortunate enough to schedule an appointment for a nice chat. She is darling! She's real and funny and sweet and wonderfully talented. You must check out her website at www.barbaracurtis.com

I also had a chance to talk with Judi Perry from Beacon Hill Press and was able to take one of her classes. What a help she was! She is so fun to talk to and has a way of making you feel that you've been friends for years.

Congradulations go out to Vicki Crumpton on her marriage. I can't believe she teaches sea kayaking.

I took Jim Denney's major morning sessions on "The Business and Holy Calling of Christian Non-Fiction. It was wonderful! I learned so much. If you want to be a writer, check out his website at www.dennybooks.com

And of course you must check out www.exclaimentertainment.com Boz is a terrific character for your preschooler. Congradulations Cindy! Boz is a hit!

If I named everyone that touched my life within those 5 days, this blog would probably fill up completely. Thank you to everyone I met and to all those special friends.

And a big thank you to Holly Miller. What a wonderful friend you are and I can't thank you enough for suggesting the conference. Not only was it wonderful for my writing - but it was great being there with you! Holly is one of the best teachers I know and she has been a dear friend. She's the pretty one in the picture.




Debbie

2 comments:

Momma C said...

Congratulations on your new site and blog, Debbie! It was great meeting you at Mt. Hermon, too!
Blessings to you -

Barbara Curtis
www.mommylife.net

Cindy Woodsmall said...

Hey, Debbie!

It was so great to spend time with you at Mt. Hermon!!

In our short time together, it seemed that you have much to share that can mean the difference between walking in success or failure for families, so stay faithful to that nonfiction work and share it!

Hugs,
Cindy