Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Phillippians - My conscience

There are two books in the New Testament that really challenge me.  It's as if Paul is looking deep into my heart and asking me to change. 

I was praying this morning for strength to follow a specific instruction of Paul and thought you might like to join me in a study of Philippians and Ephesians.

Philippians begins with a personal "Howdy" of sorts to the Church of Philippi.  Verse 6 continually gives me comfort.  I'm one of those flawed humans that loves God with all my heart, but I often wonder if I'm doing everything God wants me to do.  When Paul says, "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" - I instantly have hope! 

I am so grateful to know that God doesn't give up on us.  He may reprimand us.  He may even allow the consequences of bad decisions.  He may look at us sternly - like any good parent would their own child.  But...also like a parent, he never gives up! 

As long as we are willing to continue the process (it's all about free will) God will continue to work with us and continue to lead us into His will for our lives.

Take a deep breath!  Let all the tension out and remember that God is ready and willing to continue to work with you today.

God loves you,

Debbie

No comments: