Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Fourth of July ! !

I hope you have a wonderful celebration of the freedoms this country enjoys.

I hope you get outside and walk in the beauty that God has created.

I hope you spend a few minutes thinking about the many pioneers that left their families and walked across this great land to prepare the way for you.

I hope you say a prayer for all the men that have died to preserve the freedoms you enjoy.

I hope you take a moment and look up into the vast blue sky and think about the creator that made all this possible.

I hope you acknowledge that the Fourth of July was made possible by a host of devout Christian men who wanted freedom of worship and freedom to choose their own destiny.

And if your mind goes to the bad that you've encountered in your life, Let me quote from the best selling author Janette Oke and the movie of her book Love Comes Softly.

Clark Davis is explaining why bad things happen to good people. He talks about his own daughter. (This isn't an exact quote) "If I was walking right beside her and she fell, that didn't mean that I caused it. But as her father, I would pick her up. Hold her and give her comfort. I would hurt with her and help her with her pain. And more importantly - she would know that I would never leave her side and that I would love her always."

(Exact quote) "The truth of God's love is not that he allows bad things to happen. It's His promise that He'll be here with us when they do."

No matter what is happening in your life today - remember that God loves you!

Have a wonderful day!

God Loves you,

Debbie

No comments: