Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Why Family & Friends? Jamie's update

Good morning everyone. Thank you for all your prayers. It has meant so much to our family to know that you were praying for us. Jamie is doing better. The surgery was a success but about 45 minutes longer than expected. Once the surgeon opened the knee it was worst than he thought.

We are all very grateful to God and to the skill of the surgeon that Jamie is going to be okay.

There was a point yesterday when I was in the waiting room alone. The surgery was done in a surgery center of the hospital. The waiting room was an enormous oval with about 75 chairs and tables lining the windows along one side. The chairs were set in groups. On one side was a family of 6 talking about their loved one. They ooooed and ahhhed over an infant and every so often raised their voices in laughter. One lady about my age held the hand of an older woman the entire time. Every so often she would pat her and give her a reassuring smile.

To my right was a round table with 8 people playing some sort of card game. The children were mannerly as five more adults lingered on the outside of the circle. In another corner were three people with very long faces. They held hands and bowed their heads in prayer as tears rolled down heavy faces.

For a moment I felt great sorrow for people who sit alone. I wondered how anyone could bear the burden of this situation and have no one to share it with. I began to cry. A little for myself but mostly for the many people in life who are alone during a stressful situation. I have a wonderful family that would return in a few moments and share my pain, but what about those who don't?

As tears ran down my cheeks I remembered a song. "I'll never be lonely again, never again. I have opened my hearts door to you. You have wiped away my tears and I'll forget my foolish fears. I'll never be lonely again, never again."

When we feel like life is too hard to bear, Jesus is there.

We are not alone.

He is there.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

If you feel like you are alone in life, lean on Jesus. He is always there.

And if you aren't alone - be thankful for your family and friends. I love my family and friends for the fun we have, the joy in being together and the love between us. But the support during hard times makes me proud. It's as if during that time they actually take on wings. In Jamie's room we prayed and felt helpless as we watched him deal with the pain. Two faces appeared in the doorway.

"Hi, just thought we would stop by and say hello." Our friends, Gary and Viki stayed for a while. They prayed, they talked, they hugged us. And for that time, even Jamie sighed. The burden was lighter and we all felt better.

Why did God created Family and Friends? To love, to enjoy and to share not only the good - but comfort for the bad.

God loves you,

Debbie

No comments: