Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Friday, August 10, 2007

God's arms

I'm rushing back to the hospital. I was able to sleep for a few hours, but I need to get back. I wanted to take a moment and let you know how grateful I am for your friendship and all your prayers.

Jamie is doing good, but we had a little scare last night. His heart rate spiked to over 240. Within minutes it returned to normal. They are doing multiple tests to be sure he's okay.

Driving home I was reminded of a sermon I heard. I think it was Tony Evans. He said he took his 3 year old son to the doctor. Everything was fine but he needed a shot. They tried to explain it and prepare the child for the shot, but when the nurse came at him with a needle he began to scream. His Dad was holding him and the child grabbed at his neck and tried to crawl closer - as if that were possible.

Rev. Evans calmly repeated, "It's okay son. Just hold on to me. It will be over soon."

His point was that when we are in trouble and life scares us, the best thing we can do is to hold on to our heavenly Father as tightly as we can. Perhaps he can't take the trouble away, but if you listen real close you'll hear him say,

"It's okay. Just hold on to me. It will be over soon."


God loves you,

Debbie

No comments: