Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Miracles do happen!


Again I'm rushing back to the hospital, but since we haven't talked for a few days I had to take a moment and write.


I think I've told you that my parents are ministers. I'm an only child. I loved working by their side in the churches where they served as pastor. I don't have a great voice but it was adequate enough for me to sing. As a teenager my favorite solo was "It Took a Miracle" by John W. Peterson.

I've thought of that song several times over the last few days. When I last wrote I told you that Jamie's heart rate went up to 247 once and about 45 minutes later it went up to 210. Both times it came down to an appropriate level within several minutes.

What we learned the next day was that two small blood clots had passed through Jamie's heart. Had they been any larger, he would not be with us.

There have been a lot of prayers going up for Jamie. I was in the room when both incidents happened. Recalling the situation for other family members has been hard, but I have added something I didn't see at the time. Now in remembering I am aware that Jesus was standing beside my son and had the situation well in control.

The song "It took a Miracle" is actually referring to our salvation. But I also believe that Jesus is alive and well and many times is the author of miracles we need in our human lives. I am humbled to know that he takes the time to visit each of us and see to our needs.

Jesus is my friend.

Jesus is my comforter.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior.
Trusting Jesus with my life is the most comforting thing I can do.


I hope you know him today. I hope you feel his presence around you. I hope that you can trust him for the dangers you know about and for those that are lurking outside your knowledge.


I thank God with all my heart that he spared Jamie's life. I give him all the praise.



Copyright laws for songs expire in 50 years. I'm just under the wire with this one, but I hope you enjoy it's message.

It took a Miracle
by John W. Peterson


1. My father is omnipotent, and that you can't deny;
A God of might and miracles; 'Tis written in the sky.

Chorus:

It took a miracle to put the stars in place;
It took a miracle to hang the world in space.
But when He save my soul, cleansed and made me whole,
It took a miracle of love and grace.

2. Though here His glory has been shown, We still can't fully see
The wonders of His might, His throne; 'Twill take eternity.

3. The Bible tells us of his pow'r and wisdom all way through,
And every little bird and flow'r are testimonies, too.


If God is the author of all the beauties of nature - He is surely powerful enough to guard, protect and direct our lives.

God loves you,

Debbie

No comments: