Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

What a beautiful Sunday Morning

What a week this has been.....well....what a year this has been!?!?!

So much happening - some good - some bad....whew!  We drove 750 miles on Thursday to get my mother who is 82 and broke her foot.  We drove back with her yesterday.  I'm pooped doesn't even begin to explain how tired I am.  But...I'm thankful that I have this opportunity to serve and help my precious mother. 

I'm looking out my window at a beautiful Sunday morning.  The kind that makes you wake up and realize that God is showing off all His talents again.  I hope you will have time today to spend with your family and realize that no matter what else is going on - love is still the most important asset we have!

I hope you enjoy today's Darlene Daily.  She is such an inspiration and a wonderful lady. 

Darlene's Daily

If you miss an opportunity, do not cloud your eyes with tears; keep your vision clear so that you will not miss the next one.

~ unknown

`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her seven and eight year olds.

After explaining the commandment to "honor" thy Father and thy Mother, she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?"

Without missing a beat one little boy (the oldest of a family) answered, "Thou shall not kill."
`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired. - Jules Renard
`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:

A man writing at the post office desk was approached by an older fellow with a post card in his hand. The old man said, "Sir, I'm sorry to bother you but could you address this post card for me? My arthritis is acting up and I can't even hold a pen."

"Certainly, sir," said the younger man. He wrote out the address and also agreed to write a short message and sign the card for the man. Finally, the younger man asked, "Now, is there anything else I can do for you?"
The old fellow glanced at the card a moment and said, "Yes, at the end could you just add, 'PS: Please excuse the sloppy hand-writing?'"
`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:

WHEN THINGS GO BAD,

always remember: It could be worse.

`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:`**`:

I was eavesdropping on two women sitting behind me on the bus when they started talking about a trip to Switzerland.

The first passenger asked the second whether she had enjoyed the beautiful scenery.

"Not really," came the reply. "I couldn't see much because of all the mountains in the way."


Have a wonderful day!

God loves you,

Debbie

No comments: