Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Problem With Pain

I have not had a life totally void of pain. Ron and I have had our share of problems and pain. We cried buckets of tears because of our pain. The difference in our pain for the last 35 years and the pain we are experiencing now is time. We have always felt blessed because the pain we had to endure was what I like to call “microwave” pain. It was relatively short lived and we could see the end almost from the beginning.

The pain we are experiencing now is long range. We are praying and asking for God’s help without having the advantage of seeing the finish line. We are worried that our pain is mixed in with America’s pain and possibly global pain. We wonder if God is mounting his white horse for his triumphant return and if not….what will that mean for us?

The last year required us to face challenge after challenge. The last four months presented new challenges faster than we could catch our breath to respond. My parent’s health is failing and one parent is declining faster than I thought possible. Incoming finances were cut to an all time low. A trusted physician was not only cruel but unprofessional and caused several medical problems. I had to have massive reconstructive surgery on my foot and had several complications while in the hospital. Three days after I was home from the hospital, Ron lost his job and we are without insurance. I have dental issues and I will need another surgery in June.

My eyes overflow with tears as I struggle to catch my breath and decide what to do first. Have you ever felt that way? Have you ever wondered if this would finally be the blow that took you down? Have you smiled and told others to “believe” for their miracle yet wondered if God loves you enough to send even a tiny miracle into your life?

I understand!

I have good news.

Jesus loves you and he does care.
How do I know that? Because I can feel his love for me. I can feel his eyes fixated on my problems. I can feel the intensity of the “spirit” and I know that no matter how this ends up….I will be cradled safely in his hand.

The answer to all the problems that pain uses to devastate our lives is…"I believe"
If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. –Mark 9:23

Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. –Mark 9:24

Your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. –1 Cor. 2:5

If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed…nothing shall be impossible unto you. –Matt. 17:20


God Loves You,


Debbie

1 comment:

jubilee said...

So sorry that you and Ron are going through so much hardship and heartache. Sounds like you are handling things with a great attitude even in the midst of tears.

I'll be praying.