Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

I just don't understand!

I've received a lot of e-mails and phone calls lately where friends and family are concerned about our country and our spiritual and personal lives.  The most prominent phrase is....."but, I just don't understand."

I'm probably more like my sons in that "I want to understand"....but my mother has written a song that is biblically correct.  She wrote it almost 50 years ago when it seemed we could understand a little more...but it is especially relevant today.

The song is titled "I don't Need To Understand".  I hope you will go to my parents website Christian Ministries and click on the music tab so you can listen to this song.  I don't need to Understand 

If you like the song you can purchase it by going to www.debbiejansen.com and click on my store.  Or use this direct link  https://debbiejansen.square.site

Here are the comforting words to the song.

I don't Need to Understand by Maggie Crocker

Sunshine comes and Sunshine goes,

then shadows linger.
Darkness fills the night with mystery and care
but within my heart a gentle voice reminds me
Fear no evil Jesus said, for I'll be there.

Chorus
I don't need to understand,
I just need to hold his hand
And I don't need to ever ask the reason why.
For I know he'll make a way
Through the night and through the day.
I don't need to understand,
I just need to hold his hand.


Life is like a mighty sea
So tossed and driven
Billows rise within the heart of every man
Storms so many times they leave the heart with questions
That you don't need to understand,
You just need to hold his hand.


When my life down here is through
and Jesus calls me
To my home up there upon the golden shore
I'll look back and I'll review the past that lay before me
But I won't care to understand, anymore.

 
Thanks, Mom.
 
God loves you,
 
Debbie

No comments: