Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Didn't I tell you???

For months now I've been telling you that God will make a way. No matter what the problems or trials we face, God will make a way.

Ron and I have faced some tense moments that we haven't shared with anyone. We watch the news like all of you and wonder if this is going to be the end of all our dreams. We hold hands and pray. We silently look at the sunset. No words are spoken and yet...we know the other is worried.

I like John Ortberg's book, If you want to walk on the water, you've got to get out of the Boat. In the chapter on fear he says, "Fear disrupts faith and becomes the biggest obstacle to trusting and obeying God."

How many times have you known it was the right thing to do, but your fear was so overwhelming that you just couldn't follow through? I've had those times. The problem is that when the fear is gone I have to deal with another huge problem - disappointment and failure.

I don't think I've become especially courageous over the years, but rather I've just decided that there are worse things that fear. In his analogy Ortberg talks about being in a pool and encouraging his daughter to jump. She knows the dangers of the water. She knows it's cold and it could rush over her head. She is afraid - but she trusts her Dad more than the fear inside. She knows his arms are outstretched. She knows - without a doubt - that Dad is going to catch her.

Ron and I have had some wonderful things happen. He's walking and his foot is much better. He can drive and has returned to work. At the Florida Writer's conference I received rave reviews about a new manuscript. Les Stobbe Literary Agency gave me a contract. I am so excited to have such a wonderful agent. I am receiving more speaking engagements. Our children are surviving this crunch.

It's like I said a few weeks ago, "With God, I believe this may be our finest hour. Even if Satan is throwing his worst, we can survive."

I have spent the last week praying about what to do with the blogs. What direction does God want me to go? I have an answer. I hope you will join me and please let me know through your comments what you think.

I want to discuss 30 ways that you and I can change this country. I believe that "one voice" is powerful. I also believe that as we join together "many voices" become a revolution. I don't mean a revolution built around anger and destruction - but one that you and I can live everyday. A revolution that may be the very thing that will turn our country around. We need to find our legs in all this. We will never be able to conquer our fear if we stand still. We need to get to work on a solution.

Mommy Detective and Authors just write will also be doing their own 30 day search.

I hope you will join me. Ben Mauch has joined the fight by starting his own blog. I encourage you to read http://www.bcmauch.blogspot.com/ I love the entry about Tylenol and the political scene.

I hope you will pray for us and for our country. Ron and I will certainly be praying for you.

God loves you,

Debbie

No comments: