Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Real Courage

I love the military, policemen, firemen and anyone that says...."Don't you worry about a thing; I'm here to protect you." 

When the National Anthem is played I don't worry about political correctness.  I snap my hand to my heart, I sing with pride and I wish that I could hug everyone that serves this great land.  When I'm in the store or a mall or an airport....I have no problem running to a soldier and grabbing his or her hand and saying as loudly as I can, "Thank you sir.  Thank you for your service." 

Without these brave men and women we would be speaking German or would be facing even more difficult times around the world.  God bless them all.

When I received the following in an e-mail, I boiled inside.  I haven't watched the major channels - ABC, NBC, or CBS for over 5 years.  My television viewing consists of Fox news and any cable channel that shows a decent movie or show.  I don't care about Michael Jackson or who is dating some overly inflated movie star who doesn't have the brains of a mouse.  I don't care about who's dancing with whom or how the liberals want to spin the news.  I love stories like the following because it stirs within us the meaning of character, integrity, courage and strength.  This country needs more heroes and less rappers.  We need more value driven men and less sex driven movies. 

I hope you will say a prayer for this family and while you are at it....thank God for the soldiers that keep you safe.
Courage

You're a 19 year old kid. You're critically wounded and dying in the jungle somewhere in the Central Highlands of Viet Nam.  It's November 11, 1967.   LZ (landing zone) X-ray.  Your unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 yards away, that your CO (commanding officer) has ordered the MedEvac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns and you know you're not getting out. Your family is half way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again.

As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day. Then - over the machine gun noise - you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter.

You look up to see a Huey coming in. But ... It doesn't seem real because no MedEvac markings are on it.  Captain Ed Freeman is coming in for you.   He's not MedEvac so it's not his job, but he heard the radio call and decided he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire anyway.

Even after the MedEvacs were ordered not to come. He's coming anyway.  And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 3 of you at a time on board.  Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire to the doctors and nurses and safety.

And, he kept coming back!! 13 more times!!  Until all the wounded were out. No one knew until the mission was over that the Captain had been hit 4 times in the legs and left arm.  He took 29 of you and your buddies out that day. Some would not have made it without the Captain and his Huey.

Medal of Honor Recipient, Captain Ed Freeman, United States Air Force, died last Wednesday at the age of 70, in Boise, Idaho.   May God Bless and Rest His Soul.


Medal of Honor Winner Captain Ed Freeman


I bet you didn't hear about this hero's passing, but we've sure seen a whole bunch about Michael
Jackson and Tiger Woods.

Even sillier is a You Tube video of Rhonda Locklear almost in tears before the FCC's Digital Inclusion Summit....upset because her two children have to deal with slow internet and can't afford the faster connections. Rhonda Locklear  How childish and stupid have America's parents become. We worry about children and their access to the internet and yet we let good men die without so much as a salute of honor.

I think it's time we tell spoiled brats to deal with it and see what we can do to raise men and women who have "real courage"!

Shame on the American media !!!

God Loves You,

Debbie

No comments: