Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pelosi thinks your child is hurting America

Once upon a time I had a daycare in my home. I had three teenage/college students living in my home. I was trying to write and trying to maintain a well-kept home. There was little time for anything and practically no time for reading or studying.

It was almost as if I was in a bubble, just doing what was the most necessary every day in order to raise my children (and those in my daycare) and provide for my family.

Do you ever feel that way? Do you ever look at the news and say to yourself, "I know that's terrible but it will have to wait." Or "I can't be bothered with that right now, I have to take care of little Mary."

In the first half of the 20th Century you could trust America to uphold decency. A parent was saddled with one task....raise your child to be a credit to society. Your government and the general mass of people were working hard to provide a "clean, hard working, God fearing nation" for all it's inhabitants.

I understand why you don't want to spend time thinking about laws, governors, economist and liberals. It's frustrating and confusing. It takes study and will probably require you to write letters or send e-mails. And then there's the nagging question...."I'm just a mom, what can I do?"

I feel it too. I want to talk about temper tantrums, teething and dating. I want to be positive and helpful. I want to encourage and get excited about potty training and teaching faith to your child. But....the big bad wolf is drawing in his breath and doing all he can to blow our house down. How can I or you, continue to turn our heads when the roof of our home is in danger?

Parents we must Unite! Don't believe me? Did you know that Pelosi told Stephanopoulos on Sunday that the economy would be better served if people quit having children? In other words, your children are just a drag on the United States and their economy. That goes along with the statement made by Mr. Obama that abortion would be the only solution if his teenage daughter became pregnant. "I wouldn't want to cause her to suffer because of a mistake." Since when is bringing life into this world a mistake? What's next? Will Pelosi & Obama eventually want to impose sterilization to further their economic plan? How does that fit with Pelosi's own lifestyle of 5 children and a private jet?



PELOSI SAYS BIRTH CONTROL WILL HELP ECONOMY Sun Jan 25 2009 22:13:43 ET

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi boldly defended a move to add birth control funding to the new economic "stimulus" package, claiming "contraception will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government."

Pelosi, the mother of 5 children and 6 grandchildren, who once said, "Nothing in my life will ever, ever compare to being a mom," seemed to imply babies are somehow a burden on the treasury.
The revelation came during an exchange Sunday morning on ABC's THIS WEEK.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Hundreds of millions of dollars to expand family planning services. How is that stimulus?

PELOSI: Well, the family planning services reduce cost. They reduce cost. The states are in terrible fiscal budget crises now and part of what we do for children's health, education and some of those elements are to help the states meet their financial needs. One of those - one of the initiatives you mentioned, the contraception, will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So no apologies for that?

PELOSI: No apologies. No. we have to deal with the consequences of the downturn in our economy.

I appreciate what Barbara Curtis has to say about this in her blog. I encourage you to click over and read it.

http://mommylife.net/archives/2009/01/pelosi_more_bir.html

Please parents, let's unite and get on with the business of letting our government know that we want a decent place - a Christian place - to raise our children. If we don't protect their future, who will? It is the greatest of all our parenting responsibilities - to protect our children and their future.

God loves you,

Debbie

No comments: