Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Monday, December 29, 2008

He is my strength....He is my strength....Me and you Lord!

I have so much to tell everyone. So much has happened over the week-end. My father had chest pains Saturday morning and I insisted we go to the hospital. They kept him overnight and checked on every possibility. He was released yesterday with precautions of things that must be done in order to minimize a heart attack. One of the precautions is to carry nitroglycerin with him at all times.

On Saturday night Ron was going up the stairs and because of his medication, he took another tumble. He is going to be even more cautious with the stairs.

I sat in the hospital on Sunday praying and thinking of all of you and how much I was learning about survival. I relied on the fact that God is truly my strength and I repeated the phrase..."Okay Lord. I know you love me and my family and I know you will take care of us. Whatever the reasons for all this - at one time - just know that it's me and you Lord! There's no separation. There's just me and you Lord."

Romans 8:38-39

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In 35 minutes we will leave for the hospital and Ron's surgery. Ron seems to be doing fine today, but I'm a little nervous. Only because he is my soul mate and my love of 34 years.

Please pray with me that God will guide the surgeon's hand and that all will go well. Pray that his recovery will be as easy as possible. Please pray with me that God will continue to lead me into the work he wants me to do.

I will be praying for all of you that this will be a wonderful year. I hope that we all will learn to trust our Savior more and be all He wants us to be.

God loves you,

Debbie

No comments: