Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Darlene's Daily

**''-''**''-''**''-''**''-''**''-''


As we look to the promise of tomorrow, may we never lose sight of the beauty of today.

**''-''**''-''**''-''**''-''**''-''

One woman was talking to her friend, "You should listen to my neighbor," she says. "She is always bad-mouthing her poor husband behind his back. I think that's so rude. Look at me! My husband is fat, lazy and cheap; but have you ever heard me say a bad word about about him?"
**''-''**''-''**''-''**''-''**''-''

There is never time to do it right, but there is always time to do it over.

--Carl W. Buechner

**''-''**''-''**''-''**''-''**''-''

My 17-year-old niece asked me if she could use my name as a reference on her resume', which she planned to submit to a local fast-food restaurant. I agreed.

A few days later she called and told me to meet her at the restaurant later that afternoon. When I asked her
why, she replied, "The manager wants me to come in for an interview, and she told me to bring my references.

**''-''**''-''**''-''**''-''**''-''
You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist. --Golda Meir

**''-''**''-''**''-''**''-''**''-''
Two buddies are fishing, but they haven't caught anything all day.  Then another fisherman walks by with a huge load of fish. They ask him, "Excuse me, but where did you get all those fish?" The other fisherman replies, "If you just go down the stream until the water isn't salty, you will find a ton of hungry fish." They thank him and go on their way.

Fifteen minutes later, one fisherman says to the other, "Fill the bucket up with water and see if the water is salty."  He dips the bucket in the stream and drinks some. "Nope. Still salty."

Thirty minutes later, he asks him to check again. "Nope, still salty."  One hour later they check again. "Nope. Still salty." "This isn't good," one fisherman finally says. "We have been walking for almost two hours and the water is still salty!"

"I know," says the other.  "And the bucket is almost empty!"
**''-''**''-''**''-''**''-''**''-''

Live the life you love.....Love the life you live.

**''-''**''-''**''-''**''-''**''-''

Thanks, Darlene
 
Have a wonderful week-end!
 
God loves you,
 
Debbie

No comments: