Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Manhattan Declaration


While we are all frustrated and doing our best to stop the erosion of our rights - I think it would be great if we joined something uplifting and positive.


Governor Huckabee interviewed Chuck Colson tonight. I rushed to my computer and googled The Manhattan Declaration. It's a document that over 150 prominent ministers, writers and Christian personalities have signed. It lays out the foundation of our faith and then goes one step further by stating that even if they are threatened or sentenced to jail or with any form of punnishment - they will NOT go back on their Christian principles.

I encourage you to go to the website and read the declaration. But...before you sign it, be sure you can follow through with your commitment.

I was proud that people like James Dobson, Joni Erickson Tada and Tony Evans had signed the document. You may recognize names like Jerry Jenkins, Kay Arthur and Chuck Colson.

I liked the way they worded the document. They were careful to talk about God's love but in no way did they water down God's commandments.

I believe this is a document that all Christians should consider. I do think that anyone that signs in agreement may be called on to defend their faith - but....for myself, I feel as though I'm at a crossroads and for me there was no choice but to sign. It's wonderful that over 10,000 people have signed this document.

http://manhattandeclaration.org/index.php

God Loves you,

Debbie

No comments: