Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Debating attacks - Watching the Fox news Debate

Ron and I are working late.  The office light is on and we are both banging away at our keyboards.  Because we are concerned about the upcoming elections, the Fox News Debate is on.  Romney and Paul are arguing about attacks from other countries and I'm feeling a little panicky.  I don't feel panic about the debates or the fact that we need to be strong and we should go to war to protect our country.

I am filled with panic about my life and my country.  Ron and I are working on a marketing plan for several ideas.  We are pushing the limit with our finances.  We are fasting and praying for our children and their needs.  We are also fretting about the needs of our parents and what the days ahead will be for them.  We are concerned about our friends and disappointed with greedy churches.  We feel pressured on every side and thoroughly disappointed with the state of our country.

If you want my vote, give me a candidate that promises a country with honor and citizens committed to making their lives better.  You want my vote?  Support less government and more God in our lives.  You want my vote, don't promise more money - promise more values and families defined by honor and decent living. 

In three months I will be a grandmother.  I want that child to have hope.  I want that child to believe in America.  I want that child to have the advantages I had when I was growing up. I want that child to be safe from predators and safe from evil.  I want that child to feel like the future is bright with promise and dreams are attainable.

Can anyone make that happen?  Of course they can.  America was all of that until we became the country of greed, me first, give me what I want and I don't care what happens to you.  Don't get me wrong - I'm not talking about abdicating responsibility to evil unions and dictating governments.  I'm talking about men and women who are willing to personally sacrifice to make this country better. 

The problem is I know that government and elected officials can't do any of that.  Making America great depends on good people stepping up to the plate and doing all they can to "build" a better America.  You and I (coupled with Biblical principles) are the only ones that can change America.  Yes, we need a president that supports those ideas....but he can't get the job done until each individual citizen decides they will do any and everything possible to create a better society.  (That includes your pocketbook)

Sigh***  It's a big task.  Are you up to the challenge?

God loves you,

Debbie

1 comment:

jubilee said...

I'm up for the challenge! *raising hand*