Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Childhood vaccinations

My parents and I have an ongoing debate about the safety of Nutra Sweet.  I "always" have an allergic reaction to any Aspartame and I can't use it at all.  I can't believe how many foods have aspartame in it.  Knowing that Nutra Sweet (aspartame) has traces of certain chemicals like formaldehyde, I've wondered if those chemicals (even at trace levels) can build up in our system and cause problems.  Medical issues that were rare in the 30's have marched to the forefront in today's society.  I'm not buying into the belief that it's just because we have access to more information and documented cases.  I think there are other factors. 

Most people think very little about the chemicals they ingest.  I believe our bodies are majestically and wonderfully made.  We are in complete balance.  It's when we offset the balance of our bodies that problems happen.  This goes wrong because we lack some vitamin.  That happens because we aren't getting the nutrients we need.  By the same token....when we ingest a chemical that changes our balance - we can suffer major problems.  Perhaps being diligent about the purity of the foods we eat and staying away from as many chemicals as possible is a better way to live. 

Don't get me wrong - I do not believe we should refuse to medicate our children when they have a severe flu or illness that will take their life if we don't agree to an antibiotic or medication.  When the illness is present you must use every measure possible to help your child!  What I'm talking about is allowing your child to consume massive amount of nutra sweet (aspartame) and hope that it is safe.  Why would you want to take a flu shot that might contain brain damaging mercury or MSG?  Why not choose a safer route? 

Many of you know that I'm going to be a grandmother.  Yeah!  My daughter called the other day and asked what I thought of flu shots while you are pregnant.  Red flags instantly waved in my brain.  First of all, pregnant women are cautioned not to use any drug.  They are encouraged to keep their lives as natural as possible.  Why then would you even consider a "chemical" flu shot?  Why take the chance?

I called Dr. Lazar and asked for his opinion.  He was furious and after a long talk promised to send more information.  We are going to have a vaccine event at his office in Ann Arbor, Michigan on September 24th.  If you live close, I hope you will attend. 

In the meantime, you can click over to my Mommy Detective blog and read my first post on Vaccinations.  This is a big issue and I would like to know what you think?

God loves you,

Debbie

No comments: