Click on all pictures in the sidebar to get the most from this blog. Pastor's Corner : Submit questions for three pastors - The Christian: Specific traits found in the true Christian - Abuse: An ongoing discussion of all forms of abuse - God's House: A study of God's demands on the church body - and many more.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Who has died for you?

When I feel uneasy or uncomfortable in my faith, I always ask the question..."Who has died so that I might live?"  That statements causes an abrupt halt to anything that's not right in my life and immediately sends me into a grateful mode.

With all that's going on in America it's easy to get side tracked about who is doing what and how that's hurting us and what in the world are we going to do about it. 

As we near July 4th, I think it's time to ask the question - "Who has died so that I might be free?"  It doesn't matter if the war was one that you liked or not.  It doesn't matter if the job is one you wouldn't do.  What does matter is that another human being decided that he/she would put their life on the line so that your freedom would continue.  That's a powerful statement for anyone!

A friend of mine, Jerry Parker, sent me a link to the "virtual" wall for Vietnam vets. Vietnam virtual wall   I couldn't stop clicking around, crying and praying for the victims and their families.  I was overwhelmed with the 18, 19 and 20 year olds that were willing to die for my freedom. 

I hope you will take the time to check out this website.  Think about how large it would be if WWII vets were included.  Think about how many young men and women have gone to war since then - how many are serving us now. 

Take the time to pray, pray, pray for our Country and that America will always be home to the free and the brave!  Pray that in this country we will always be free to worship God and to be a Christian Nation.  Pray that your children and grandchildren will not be denied the freedom we have enjoyed. 

President Reagan said, "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."  How true!

God Bless America!

God loves you,

Debbie

No comments: